Support Practitioner – Housing Support
Job Title: Support Practitioner
Type: Permanent, Part time, 15 hours per week
Salary: £20,531 - £21,763 per annum (pro rata) / £10.50 - £11.13 per hour
Car Driver Essential
We are looking for a Support Practitioner to join our Dunoon Housing Support teams.
“Are you a positive and motivated person who has good communication skills and a passion to help people?”
Carr Gomm is one of Scotland’s leading social care organisations. Everything we do is shaped by our core values of choice, control, interdependence, openness & honesty, and respect. Our vision is that we all live in a society where everyone should have the support they need to make choices and to control their lives as citizens. We are a registered charity and not-for-profit company: we put people first, not profits.
The Housing support service provides tenancy support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. To help individuals to sustain and maintain their tenancy and assist people through their journey from homelessness.
In the role of Support Practitioner you will be providing flexible, person centred support to individuals and families in both a one to one setting or through our drop in services. You will help people to develop their life skills, money management skills and help to raise their confidence and self-esteem. Tasks will include assisting with form filling, benefit applications, signposting to other services and practical support in the home. You will be required to utilise both your practical and interpersonal skills.
- 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata)
- Time and a half payment for any time worked over 37.5 hours per week
- Additional mileage contributions of 45p per mile
- Fully funded SVQ qualification with support from a dedicated team
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and sick leave
- A Defined Contribution pension scheme, with incremental employer contributions
- Membership to Lifeworks; employee well-being and perks platform
- Membership of a credit union
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts with leading hotels; and more!
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – with a £200 bonus for each person recommended
Click here to find out about our commitment to data protection