Locality: Edinburgh (National Service)
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £28,982 - £33,027 per annum
As our Communications and Marketing Manager within the Business Development Team, you will be instrumental in communicating our messages, and marketing our organisation’s activity and fundraising campaigns to tackle social isolation and loneliness.
As an ambassador communicating our impact, you will be acutely aware of the gaps in society within which the crippling issues of loneliness and isolation remain. Your determination to market our fundraising campaigns to tackle this scourge will inspire and motivate others to get involved. You will help increase our income.
This is a dynamic role in which you will never settle for ‘good enough’ but will always prioritise effectively in an ever-changing environment. You will appreciate that there is always capacity to innovate, improve, develop and stretch targets in the pursuit of a more equitable society in which people can lead full and positive lives as active citizens.
Responsibilities & Success Factors
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading Carr Gomm’s communications and marketing activity through our agile approach.
Success in this role includes:
- Effectively communicating strategic messages to target audiences leading to an increase in well-informed job applicants, donors, colleagues and customers.
- Writing tender and grant submissions
- Developing and managing our communications and marketing campaigns in-line with our Strategic Plan, including overseeing Carr Gomm’s social media strategy, website and marketing materials to proactively promote our services.
- Being aware of, and positioning us to influence national social care policies and initiatives
- Effectively working with colleagues from throughout the organisation to inform internal and external communications.
This list is by no means exhaustive; rather it gives a flavour of the joy that can be achieved in this multi-faceted role. Experience within social care is beneficial, but not essential. Travel throughout Scotland may be required.
What we are looking for…
In our eyes, the best Communications and Marketing Managers are creative, tech-savvy, results-driven, positive, self-motivated team players who are wonderful ambassadors, analytical thinkers, excellent storytellers, and passionate world changers. We expect you to proactively plan and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously and be an inspirational project leader and team member. You will have significant experience of communications and marketing, project and campaign management, social media management, and an awareness of the wider social care policy landscape in Scotland.
Proposed interview date(s): Wednesday 22nd - Friday 24th July 2020
Click here to find out about our commitment to data protection