Social Care Call Handler - Argyll and Bute
Salary: £19,676 per annum (pro rata)
Location: Oban, Lochgilphead, Campbeltown or Dunoon
Type: Part Time - Permanent (18.75 hours per week)
Carr Gomm is a leading Scottish social care and community development organisation. Our services provide person-centred support that enables people to live the life they choose. Our goal is to enable people to live safely and to do the things they want to do. We provide specialist support to people with a range of conditions including mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and autism. We are a registered charity and not-for-profit company: we put people first, not profits.
Call handling is as important aspect of the emergency operation of the Social Care Services. Therefore, the post holder will contribute to the smooth running of the office.
- To respond to all incoming calls to the Social Work Emergency Service which operates out with office hours and respond appropriately to referrals relating to adults, older people at risk and children across Argyll & Bute.
- To decide which calls need to be followed up as an emergency and to contact the appropriate out of hours Social Work team as required.
- To manage calls on an individual basis managing the conversation to record sufficient information to make an informed decision and take action ensuring that you have understood the situation correctly and that the caller understands what action will now be taken.
What makes a great Social Call Care Handler?
A successful Social Call Care Handler will be able to use their initiative when needed, whilst being able to recognise when a decision must be passed on. They must have excellent communication skills (listening, enquiring, and communicating with a variety of people who have different levels of understanding, and in crisis situation) with the ability to write clearly and to produce management information in style adjusted to the purpose and audience. A Social Call Care Handler must be able to build positive relationships with others - based on mutual respect and understanding – regardless of age, background or support needs. IT literacy is essential, with a proven ability to learn new computer software applications. Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications.
Please note that is an out of hours post involving shift work:
- Monday – Friday 5 pm – 11 pm / 11 pm – 9 am
- Saturday 9 am – 9 pm / 9 pm – 9 am
- Sunday 9 am – 9 pm / 9 pm – 9 am
For more information about the role please download the role profile, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to find out about our commitment to data protection