Learning & Development (L&D) Manager
Locality: Glasgow and Forth Valley
Salary: £29,562 - £33,688 pro rata per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full or Part time, 30-37.5 hours per week
Base: Negotiable - offices in Glasgow and Falkirk area, including option of some home working
Carr Gomm is one of Scotland’s leading social care and community development charities; we strive to support people to achieve their individual hopes and dreams every day. We know our work is challenging and very rewarding, and we require people with a flexible and inspirational approach who are able to find innovative solutions with people, not for them.
As one of three service-based Learning and Development (L&D) Managers, you will be instrumental in understanding the learning needs and aspirations of our teams, co-designing a dynamic learning plan, and thereafter working flexibly to upskill colleagues within our L&D and career development strategies.
Responsibilities & Success Factors:
Reporting to a senior manager, you will be responsible for leading Carr Gomm’s Learning and Development activity within your geographic area of responsibility.
Success in this role includes:
- Co-designing a dynamic plan to ensure that all workers within your area of responsibility are appropriately inducted, trained and have opportunities for career development;
- Understanding the specific challenges, opportunities and obligations within different teams, and developing creative and innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of teams;
- Contributing to the design and improvement of a range of learning interventions, including continual professional development and accredited learning opportunities;
- Facilitating a range of learning sessions for colleagues throughout your area of responsibility;
- Driving a culture of continuous learning and professional development;
- Monitoring, assessing and reporting on the impact of learning and development tools and programmes within your area of responsibility
This list is by no means exhaustive; rather it gives a flavour of the joy that can be achieved in this multi-faceted role. Some travel will be required, assuming the environment is safe to do so.
What we are looking for…
In our eyes, the best Learning and Development Managers are natural leaders who are passionate about helping people to learn and grow; they have excellent communication and people skills which they use to forge strong, productive relationships with stakeholders; and they have the capacity to design and deliver learning materials using a range of media to help colleagues understand and reach their potential.
We expect you to proactively plan and prioritise multiple learning initiatives, innovations and projects; ensuring that our materials are relevant and impactful. You will have experience of all aspects of learning and development, gained in a social care environment with the resilience and self-assurance to influence and inspire others. You will also engage with the external social care and L&D environment, keeping abreast of innovations and best practice. Professional qualifications are desirable, as is an ability to demonstrate experience of work which matches the requirements of this profile.
Click here to find out about our commitment to data protection